This time I will share about 5-simple-steps to install JDK (Java Development Kit).
- Get a JDK-installer from this page.
- Run the installer.
- Just follow the instruction. Mostly you just have to click the “Next” button. (except if you want to configure the installation folder)
- There will be some kind of notification when the installation process is done.
- Set a new environment-variable, JAVA_HOME. (only for Windows)
To set a new environment-variable (only for Windows) :
- Click “Start”
- Find “My Computer” icon
- Right-click on “My Computer”.
- Click on “Properties” (welcome to Windows System Properties!)
- Choose “Advance” tab.
- Click “Environment Variables” button.
- Click “New” to create a new system variable.
- Insert “JAVA_HOME” as the variable name.
- Insert your JDK bin-directory path as the variable value. Example : c:\program files\java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin
- And on “Path” system variable, add your JDK bin-directory path. But before you cut-and-paste the directory-path, add a “;”-character. Example : c:\program files\rational\clearquest;c:\program files\java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin
- Click “OK”.
- Re-start your PC.
Make sure that your PC is already recognize the JDK by write “java (enter)” on your command prompt.
Have a nice day. Good luck!
(Feel-free to use Bahasa Indonesia in my blog)